Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge – Aboriginal yet modern, minimalist yet complex, off the beaten path but near the night life and happenings of Boston Bay and Port Antonio. Of our little village-resort, many a guest has said: “At Great Huts, spirituality, nature, heritage and technology converge!”
Great Huts is an oceanfront resort located at the lush north east point of Jamaica. Distinctive for its beach-jungle-cliff habitat and African hut and tree-house lodging, Great Huts is a unique ecological and cultural vacation experience. Each of our rustic dwellings – three Tree Houses, Three Tents and Seven Huts, are comfortably furnished, uniquely decorated, and spaciously nestled into your own corner of the Great Huts Resort.
Why are we special
Great Huts is a unique, nature based, beach front destination near Port Antonio, Jamaica which was voted the best environment of any small Jamaican resort by the London Observer in 2003.
The Resort consists of African style huts and tree houses within a jungle landscape perched upon cliffs overlooking Boston Bay and the Caribbean.
Independent minded travellers, nature lovers, romantics and artists will find warmth, authenticity and comfort here. Full breakfasts are included in the cost of your accommodations and reasonably priced dinners are served on our deck, cliff side dining area or at our bay front lounge. Other features and amenities include: Daily housekeeping, complimentary NY Times Digest, Cable TV (lounge), free wireless Internet, free cell phone use and international calls, extensive book and film library, natural healing practitioners, expert guided tours and Saturday night African cultural shows of drumming, music and dance.
- Paul Shalom Rhodes, MD
Designer and Proprietor of Great Huts
Great Huts – Paradise on the Edge, is a socially responsible Jamaican business best explained by our mission statement.
- A vacation retreat where our guests feel safe, well taken care of, relaxed and entertained
- A respected ecological environment kept natural, rustic and clean
- A friendly village reflecting the beauty, strength, and artistic & cultural integrity of a peaceful West African rural community
- A productive workplace where a capable and honest team of respected workers cooperate with and care for one another, learn new skills and make their lifelihood
- A donor and wellspring for volunteers and funds for helping the homeless and the elderly of Port Antonio, especially in conjunction with the Jamaican and African friends of infirmaries and shelters