Built upon a 4 plus acre plateau atop the north east point of the Jamaican coast, our intimate Great Huts vacation village of comfortably furnished dwellings offers free Wi-Fi in communal areas, expansive cliff side views with dining areas, hammocks everywhere, lovely beach and sea pool. Great Huts' Afro-Caribbean "roots" make it an alternative to the traditional hotel or Villa. Scroll through to see the amazing facilities we offer so you can fully enjoy your vacation in Jamaica!
Safari Deck Restaurant
Great Huts guests are invited to the lower dining area in the morning to enjoy their great complementary breakfast, home-cooked to order at our open air African style kitchen. Dinner and lunch are served at the beautifully designed Safari Deck Restaurant upstairs, with hand-made furniture and African lounges. 5-star dinner of authentic Jamaican cuisine as well as healthy international food options is served on fine china from Zimbabwe and original African linens. See our FINE DINING page for more information. And don't miss the Great Huts Cultural Show every Saturday evening starting at 7pm.
Great Huts Beach
Great Huts is located on Boston Bay with access to one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in Jamaica. It also features its own private on property beach with lounge chairs and hammocks, as well a natural ocean tidal pool & Jacuzzi and has spectacular views of Boston Bay and the Caribbean, the North East coastline and the foothills of the blue mountains.
Great Huts Amenities
- 17 naturally ventilated private accommodations made from handcrafted wood and wicker furnishings
- King or Queen-sized Beds, most with mosquito netting
- Ceiling and Standing Fans
- Refrigerator in selected rooms
- Nightly turn-down service
- All rooms and huts are equipped with safes for storage of valuables
- All Premium Huts have Micro Wave Ovens and Mini Refrigerators
- Free wireless internet access
- one-of-a-kind artwork collections
- Cliff-side swimming pool with amazing sea view
- Enchanted and lush gardens with a small pond with turtles and walks among beautiful flowers, Jamaican trees and fountains
- Private Jacuzzi (available in some rooms)
- Private beach with small bathing area with white sand
- 3 separately located bars, each with it's own ambiance
- Yoga with sea view
- Exciting snake trail - ask for a guide at the Reception
- Book library - read about Marley, Reggae, and Rastafarianism. We recommend "The Story of the Jamaican People" by Sherlock & Bennett, "Catch A Fire: The Life of Bob Marley" by Timothy White and "Portland: The Other Jamaica" by Ken Roueche
- TV area with huge 42" TV so that you don't miss anything important!
- Transportation is provided at additional cost: from Kingston one way (2pax) is US$ 130, from Montego bay one way (2pax) is US$ 250
- If you wish to reserve Great Huts only for you for a Special Occasion, the resort sleeps around 40 people for US$ 2,500 per night. Please speak to our manager for more details
Care must be taken
Please take special care climbing the steep ladders to the second and third levels of some of our huts
- Only the Fig, Almond, Bamboo, Sea Grape, Lemba and Gate House rooms have hot and cold running water
- Water showers in "Down to Earth" rooms are of ambient temperature and refreshing for most guests
- Guests are advised to bring sneakers and hiking shoes (rocky pathways and floors), water shoes, flashlights and insect repellant
- Small lizards, frogs and hermit crabs wander freely in and out of guest rooms. Those afraid of these harmless creatures will not be happy at Great Huts.
10% Government tax and US$1.00 per night Government Room Tax are not included
Reservations require a deposit by cashier’s check or credit card
- Full payment for the stay is due upon arrival
- Up to four weeks prior to your reservation your deposit is fully refundable minus a US$100 bank penalty
- After four weeks, your deposit is forfeited. If however your reserved hut is rented by another party after your cancellation to cover the dates previously booked by you, we could offer a refund minus the US$100.00 bank penalty.
- Guests who check out days early, forfeit 50 percent of fees paid for reserved period
- Fee for cancelled stays or days will be returned up to a maximum of thirty days.